What I Really Need from a Mobile Phone
Aside from all the bells and whistles of mobile phones slash music players slash digital cameras nowadays, below are the essential things I need from any of them, ordered by importance:
- Ability to make & receive calls. Duh.
- SMS. Another essential.
- Small size. I’m all against VPB (Visible Phone Bulge).
- Large phone & address book capacity. I need it to store various information about people I know. Addresses, spouse names, birthdays, anniversaries, personal notes.
- Synchronizes with my PC. Another must-have. If you don’t agree with me, you haven’t experienced total address book loss. Total nightmare.
- Calendars with reminders. I use this to remind me of appointments, bill payments, etc.
- Alarm clock with snooze function. This is always been a lifesaver for me.
- Music player/FM radio. Either one will work for me. This is to prepare for flight delays, unpunctual friends, etc.
Now if just the mobile phone makers take orders for custom built phones. Hmm. I smell a new business model idea.