How to Take a Picture With The Built-in Webcam on Your Laptop & Windows XP
I own a laptop with a built-in webcam in it. Yesterday, my wife asked me how to take a picture with it and I failed to find the answer. Now, I have come up with the answer. This is how you can take a picture with a laptop’s built-in webcam if your operating system is Windows XP.
- Go to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Scanner & Camera Wizard. Perhaps your menu tree is different than mine. It doesn’t matter. Bottom line is go to the Accessories program group on your Start Menu, and there you’ll find the wizard.
- Click Next button on the dialog box that pops up.
- Another window will pop up, use it to take your picture. You’ll see the live video feed on the left pane. Click the button Take Picture on below the pane to take a picture.
- The picture you just took will be added to the list of pictures on the right pane. You can select the pictures you need using the checkboxes. After that, click the Next button.
- Just follow the dialog boxes which come next. They will be self explanatory. Basically, they’re asking for a location to store the images in.